Sunday, January 4, 2015

Pre-meeting blues!

So it's true. The excitement does not let you sleep no matter how much lazy a person you are. Keeping in mind how lethargic I am, I should have been sleeping by now. But in contrast I am wide awake, like a night watchman lurking around the building. Staying up all night has never been a problem but, the reasons then were different and now, it is completely different.

I am going to meet someone who I dearly admire. I admire him for his simplicity and dedication towards his work. It is not love or some kind of teenage crush. It is an emotion that comes out of admiration. Being an absolute extrovert it should not be a big problem. But somehow I feel nervous. Somewhere deep below my heart I feel I might screw up our first meeting. What if he finds me dumb? What if I have nothing to talk about? What if our thoughts conflict? All of these "what ifs" seem to have sucked my sleep off, leaving my head cluttered with negativity and absurd questions.

It is almost time and I know in a couple of minutes I am going to start getting ready. I must confess, a part of me enjoys this feeling. Being outspoken, head straight all through these many years I have lost my feminism somewhere far behind. It is only in situations like this, I feel like a girl, actually. There is a sweet, shy, nervous little girl hidden deep inside every woman who reacts in delicate situations like this. Hope my day goes well! Fingers crossed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment